Revitalize Your Lawn with Fall Mechanical Aeration & Seeding
Transform your lawn with Tomlinson Bomberger’s mechanical aeration and seeding services.
Our team uses aerators to pull plugs of soil up from the ground, which allows the earth to breathe. Mechanical aeration and seeding promote turfgrass root growth and relieve soil compaction, allowing the earth to breathe out carbon dioxide and enabling oxygen to flow through the soil.
Mechanical aeration also opens the soil so moisture settles underground, encouraging the turfgrass to develop deep root systems.
Trust Tomlinson Bomberger’s lawn care expertise to make your turfgrass flourish like never before.
Fall Lawn Care Essentials
The hot summer takes a toll on turfgrass everywhere in South-Central Pennsylvania, and your lawn may look drab and worn out after the dog days of summer.
Mechanical aeration and seeding in the early days of fall help relieve soil compaction in Lancaster lawns. At Tomlinson Bomberger, we use aerators that pull plugs of soil out of the ground, which will be absorbed back into the earth after it rains.
While mechanical aeration’s primary role is relieving soil compaction, it also dethatches lawns that have over a ½” of thatch in the turfgrass.
Too much thatch in turfgrass prohibits water from reaching the soil line, harbors diseases and insects. Heavy turfgrass thatch also suffocates a lawn because oxygen can’t get into the soil.
Mechanical aeration and seeding go hand-in-hand because grass seed goes deeper into the soil due to the small holes created by the aerator. Our seeder then deposits grass seed, so turfgrass roots can start developing deep in the ground immediately.
Since cool-season grasses grow best in the fall when it gets crisper outside, overseeding in autumn ensures deep-root growth well ahead of next summer’s heat.
Meet Tomlinson Bomberger Lawn Care Services
If you haven’t worked with us before, Tomlinson Bomberger is a full-service lawn care, landscape, tree care, and pest control company in South-Central Pennsylvania.
We take pride in giving our customers total satisfaction with their property needs. Our mission statement says, “Beautiful landscapes, amazing experiences, wonderful people.”
We use only the best grass seed and lawn equipment to ensure your turfgrass is healthy and vibrant.
Tomlinson Bomberger’s Approach to Mechanical Aeration and Seeding
To properly aerate your lawn, we recommend running your lawn sprinkler system or soaker hoses to wet the soil before your mechanical aeration and seeding appointment. Otherwise, the aerator will be unable to pull out plugs of soil.
After we’re finished aerating and seeding your lawn, we’ll leave behind a care sheet reminding you to water your lawn daily to help grass seeds germinate. You’ll need to water your lawn every day until seedlings start to emerge, which is about two weeks.
While we recommend getting your lawn aerated and seeded simultaneously, you can still overseed your lawn later in the fall, especially if you want high-density turfgrass next spring.
At Tomlinson Bomberger, we use certified, high-quality grass seed and fertilizer, and our precise seeding practices ensure your lawn gets optimum results.
Tomlinson Bomberger’s Lawn Care Plans
While mechanical aeration and seeding are part of our add-on services, we recommend that you invest in your property with one of our lawn care plans.
Why is hiring a professional lawn care company essential to your property’s well-being? Here are six reasons why you need expert lawn services:
- It saves you time. If you’re a typical two-career family, your weekends are spent traveling to sporting events or getting away. You don’t have time to apply fertilizer, pre-emergent weed control, or mow your lawn.
- Only skilled technicians who understand your lawn’s needs work on your property. You can trust our crews to care for your lawn to their utmost ability.
- At Tomlinson Bomberger, we provide free soil analysis and assess your turfgrass for customized service. We’ll evaluate your lawn, the amount of sunlight and shade that affects your turfgrass, water availability, and soil conditions. We take that information to tailor a lawn care program specifically for you.
- We’ll provide consistent care for your lawn throughout the growing season. Typically, we’ll work on your yard in 4-6 week intervals.
- Our lawn care plans at Tomlinson Bomberger are cost-effective because you won’t be wasting money on lawn care products that don’t work. Instead, we use a targeted approach that addresses specific turf issues with our specialized lawn care products.
- We perform all weed and pest control services safely and legally. Our lawn care technicians are up-to-date with their weed and pest control licenses for Pennsylvania.
At Tomlinson Bomberger, we offer Lancaster and Harrisburg homeowners three lawn maintenance programs with six visits from us to meet their turfgrass goals:
- Basic Lawn Care Program, which is affordable and helps keep your Berks County lawn healthy throughout the season.
- Premium Lawn Care Program that we recommend to homeowners because it’s a proactive approach to your lawn’s needs throughout the season.
- Soil-Smart Lawn Care Program is our hybrid lawn maintenance package that includes our “Organic Bio-Nutritional and Other Carbon-Based Fertilizers.”
Don’t Procrastinate: Make Your Mechanical Aeration and Seeding Appointment Today with Tomlinson Bomberger!
As autumn approaches, it’s the perfect time to rejuvenate your lawn and prepare it for the cooler months ahead.
At Tomlinson Bomberger, we take pride in offering state-of-the-art mechanical aeration and seeding services. Through cutting-edge techniques and specialized equipment, we ensure your lawn receives the utmost care it deserves.
Reach out to us today at 717-399-1991 or fill out our contact form now to schedule an appointment and let your turf recover from summer’s heat.
Tomlinson Bomberger offers various services, including lawn care, landscape design, pest control, and tree care, to homeowners in Berks, Cumberland, Dauphin, Lancaster, Lebanon, and York Counties in Pennsylvania.
Extension.PSU.edu, Tips to Improve Your Lawn Care Program This Fall.